One critical aspect of the charter school application process is letters of support from the Winter Haven community. Showing a diverse interest in the school’s approval from a variety of stakeholders will strengthen our application’s message of fulfilling an existing need in our community. So we ask you to please consider supporting our efforts by writing a letter to the Polk County School Board in support of approving the Montessori of Winter Haven charter application.
In order to get the application to print timely we would need any letters of support by the end of June. Please email letters to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail them to PO Box 102, Winter Haven, FL 33882.
Need some Inspiration? Here are some of the things letters we’ve already received have included:
- Montessori is a Research-Based Methodology Used World-Wide.
- The Montessori Methods work with a diverse student body, and ofter help students who are struggling in a traditional classroom setting catch up and even excel.
- This will be a new option for Winter Haven, as there are not currently any public Montessori schools here.
- Diverse educational options are an economic driver because education options are a consideration when families and businesses consider a move to Winter Haven.
- Quality education cannot be achieved in a “one size fits all” system, and this charter school would offer another option for families.
- Montessori instills a love of learning, and the skills necessary to becoming life-long learners and innovators. Just the type of adults we want in our community.
- Montessori not only meets students where they are and allows them to follow their interests, but Montessori students, nationally, also excel on standardized tests.
- Montessori’s mixed aged classrooms allow students to work on lesson that challenge them and also develop leadership skills as they tutor younger students.
Thank you so much for all your support and encouragement! We couldn’t do this without the community rallying behind us! Please feel free to reach out to any member of our Founding Board if you have any questions!
Karen Winningham – Karen@MontessoriOfWinterHaven.com
Katrina Hill – Katrina@MontessoriOfWinterHaven.com
Tasha Keppler – Tasha@MontessoriOfWinterHaven.com