Job Title: Facilities Manager/ School Safety Guardian
Reports To: Executive Director
Starting Salary : $35,000 plus benefits
– employer sponsored individual health (with options to add family, dental, vision, etc.)
– 403(b) savings plan with employer matching opportunities
Work Schedule : M-F (during the school year), 3 days/week in the summer (M-F for summer training with Polk County Sheriff’s Office)
Work Hours : 7:15am to 3:15pm (may vary depending on hours of school day)
As Facilities Manager, this position maintains and protects our facilities with regards to its physical condition and regular upkeep, including custodial and janitorial tasks.
As School Safety Guardian, this position maintains the peace, deters crime, and ensures the safety, security, and welfare of all students, faculty, staff, and visitors. This position is an armed School Safety Guardian; however, there shall be no law enforcement authority, except to the extent necessary to prevent or abate an active assailant incident, as defined by the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act (the “Act”). She/He will work with the Administrative Team to apply policies and procedures for a safe and orderly school at the building level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to professionally interact with multiple constituents including Board Members, elected officials, community members, Polk County School Board District personnel and other Cypress Junction Montessori staff, parents, and students;
- Ability and willingness to accept direction and follow established policies and procedures;
- Ability and willingness to show cultural competence in regards to nationality, race, sex, religion, and sexual preference of community members, staff, parents, and students;
- Ability to honor confidentiality and handle sensitive materials and information;
- Ability to exercise good judgement under potentially dangerous conditions;
- Ability to control sudden violent or extreme physical acts of others;
- Knowledge of standard security procedures and best practices;
- Ability to use cleaning supplies and equipment to keep the interior of the building clean and professional;
- Ability to respond to minor repair requests, and/or have the resources to determine an appropriate course of action;
- Ability to manage inventory control processes;
- Ability and willingness to learn/respect the Montessori Method with regards to Peace Education, and grace & courtesy.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma (or equivalency) is required (Two year or four year college degree preferred);
- Must be 21 years of age or older;
- Experience or training in a security related field or any equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred;
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand standard English;
- Must obtain a State of Florida (s 790.06, Florida Statutes) concealed weapons permit, and must maintain the permit throughout employment in this position. Must be able to successfully complete ongoing trainings, and firearm proficiency test as outlined in the Act;
- Must meet all Polk County Sheriff’s Office requirements to attain a “Guardian” appointment pursuant to the Act. Must obtain and maintain the “Guardian” appointment throughout employment in this position;
- Must successfully complete a 144 hour comprehensive firearms safety proficiency training during a Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission certified course conducted by Polk County Sheriff’s Office as outlined below:
- 80 hours of firearms training;
- 16 hours of instruction in precision pistol;
- 8 hours of discretionary shooting instruction using approved simulator exercises;
- 8 hours of instruction in defensive tactics;
- 8 hours of instruction in active shooter or assailant scenarios;
- 12 hours of instruction in legal issues;
- Must complete at least 12 hours of a certified nationally recognized diversity training program;
- Must submit to and pass an initial drug test and subsequent random screenings;
- Must successfully pass a comprehensive background check, psychological evaluation, and drug screening; and
- A valid Florida Driver’s license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment in this position.
Cypress Junction Montessori does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or other basis prohibited by law.
Qualified applicants should email a current resume, along with a cover letter and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org