Montessori Assistant Guide / Teacher
- Associate’s Degree/High School Diploma
- A broad base of knowledge from which to guide students
- Montessori training or experience and/or a desire to obtain additional Montessori professional development
- Childcare experience, including DCF 40 hour Introductory childcare Training, and/or ability to complete.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Prior teaching or other experience working with children on a professional or volunteer basis
- DCF Director or Staff Credential
- Experience with childcare rules and regulations
Cypress Junction Montessori (CJM) is seeking highly qualified assistant teachers with a passion to bring Montessori curriculum to the Winter Haven Community and a desire to develop personally and professionally. CJM is a charter school for children aged three through middle school. CJM guides (teachers) will introduce the Montessori Method to our students and need to be flexible, aware and available in a manner different than traditional teachers. Our teachers will be guides, observers and facilitators who encourage students to explore outside the prescribed classroom confines. CJM’s teaching team will interact in close and integrative manners, making interpersonal skills critical. In addition, CJM expects excellence in: Instructional Process, Collaboration, Classroom Climate and Culture, Classroom Management, Professional Growth and Student Interaction
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing the Montessori Environment and implementing the Montessori Philosophy
- Presenting Montessori Materials and Principles
- Observing Children
- Keeping the environment neat, attractive and orderly with materials organized and complete and furnishings in good condition
- Ensuring the children in the classroom show an understanding of the expectations for behavior and functioning in the classroom
- Modeling and demonstrating lessons of grace and courtesy, taking responsibility, being self-disciplined and independent
- Demonstrating an understanding of how to manage a Montessori Classroom using the Montessori Philosophy
- Supporting the lead teacher and Principal as necessary.
Cypress Junction Montessori does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, or other basis prohibited by law.
Qualified applicants should email a current resume (including a listing of current teaching certifications or endorsements), educational philosophy/personal statement (in lieu of a cover letter), and three references to: email@example.com