This policy describes the process to be followed to provide members of the public with a reasonable opportunity to be heard on a proposition before the Board prior to the Board taking action on the proposition.
- The opportunity to be heard at a meeting of the Governing Board of Cypress Junction Montessori (“Board”) is subject to Board rules, policies and procedures including requirements regarding orderly conduct and proper decorum in a public meeting.
- Any person or group who wants to publicly comment on an Agenda item during a regular monthly meeting of the Board is required to:
- Notify the President of the Board prior to the start of the meeting supplying the Agenda item they wish to comment on. If written materials are to be distributed, a copy of such must accompany the request.
- When recognized by the President of the Board, the presenter must state their name for the record.
- Comments for items not on the current meeting’s Board Action section of the Agenda will be held until the end of the meeting, as noted on the Agenda.
- Comments for items on the current meeting’s Board Action section of the Agenda will be heard prior to beginning of Board discussion.
- Comments are limited to three (3) minutes for an individual and five (5) minutes for a group.
- All documents submitted to the Board are retained as part of the Public Record of the meeting.
- The Board will provide a reasonable accommodation to an individual with a disability who wishes to make a public comment at a Board meeting.